Saturday, November 3, 2012

Color Me Rad 5K Recap!!

Couple Saturdays ago I participated in my first 5K! I decided to sign up for Color Me Rad after some persuasion from some girls on twitter and I'm so glad I did! It was a great race to do as my first one, some people were obviously there as more serious runners, but most people were there dressed up and ready to have a great time!



Here is our team before the race started. I walked and ran with Charlotte, 1st from the left, and Tiffany, blonde in the back. And let it be known that the first time I met all these ladies was that morning! I'd been talking to Charlotte on Twitter for forever and once we signed up for the race together become good friends with Tiffany too. Lemme just say these girls are AWESOME and we talked about everything and anything like we had known each other for years!

starting line

finish line!!

 After the race!!

Tiffany, me, Kristan, and Charlotte

me and Char! How she managed to keep her teeth so white we'll never know!

photobombs afterwards!


My shoes and socks afterwards!!

As far as the actual race experience goes, there were some ups and downs...literally. I looked at the race layout before Saturday and knew some of the streets were in the middle of some construction that USC has been doing. So lo and behold they did have to reroute the race and this meant going UP one of the steepest, IF NOT THE STEEPEST hill on USC's campus!! Literally everyone had to stop running and put all their effort into just making it up alive!  My only other complaint would be the fact that not all color stations were dry!! If you go onto their website the color stuff they use is colored cornstarch. Well when we got to two of the color stations, they were SPRAYING us with some kind of liquid color! Not even pretty colors!! It was yellow and green...and all this stuff also happened to be the hardest to get off in the shower.

If you're wondering how well the stuff came out, I was pretty surprised that 95% of what was on my body came off. I had to make sure that I got every nook and cranny...I'm talking all around my ears, my scalp and toes. 

This race was such a fun experience and would do it again in a heartbeat! I couldn't have asked for a greater group of girls to run it with either! We're already looking for another race to run!

Have you ever done Color Me Rad? Or it's twin The Color Run? 






6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the race! The more and more I see them on blogs the more I think it would be fun to do...I just am not a runner! :) Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo-jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend did this race and got some adorable pictures! :) maiaprice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things you need to know if you are planning to visit this place is the climate and seasons. In general, A very well written post and you`ve spend a great time! Traveling with friends seems a perfect way to spend time right.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...